Gorgeus view that will become a symbol of tourism in Montenegro with Cable Car from Kotor-Lovcen
Montenegro will wait for the summer tourist season with one new content - Finally, after decades, we will have a cable car Kotor - Lovćen now in tourist purposes. The cable car goes with 60 to 1,300 meters above sea level. The journey journey will last for 11 minutes.
In two months, work was expected to be completed, and the Kotor cable car is building a consortium Leitner - New Volvox. The cornerstone was set on Statehood Day on July 13 last year when it was said that the works would be completed in a year.
According to the cable car project, the coastal Kotor, the city under UNESCO, and the Lovćen National Park, which is the center of Njegošev Mausoleum, which belongs to the municipality of Cetinje. This offer will be a unique attraction not only for Montenegro but also for the region.
Completion of the project and before the deadline
As President of the Municipality of Kotor Vladimir Jokić for Caffe Montenegro, the project was expected to be completed and before the deadline and he will represent a unique attractive tourist offer of the entire Montenegro.
- After a decade, the announcement will finally end after decades and it is the story that people did not believe in. The cable car goes with 60 to 1,300 meters above sea level. The journey journey will last for 11 minutes. Such a bid will be a unique attraction not only for Montenegro but also for the region. The cable car is on the way to finish, all the pillars are already set. The cabins are made and it goes for finalization.
The view that will be provided from the cable car will be a symbol of the tourist offer of the entire Montenegro and I believe that this will contribute to the tourism offer of the Cotor and the recognition of the entire Montenegro - Jokić said.
According to him, and only the opening will be spectacular and pride throughout Montenegro.
Foreign and domestic guests will have a unique view of the bay, a rapid organic transport from Kotor to Lovćen, and many of the content and restaurants will be available to be enriched with the entire complex.
The cable car will be about 3,900 meters long. The projected capacity is at the level of 1,200 passengers per hour, and the expected number of passengers during the first year of its work will be 400,000 people. There will serve the cable car 40 gondolas. The starting point is intended in Kotor (Dub site), and the ultimate in the village of Kuk on Lovćen.
All the equipment of the cable car will be produced by the renowned company Leitner, which was founded in 1888, and was realized back in 1908.
Cable car - once and now
The root of this project comes from the Austro-Hungarian monarchy that decided to build Cotor Cetor - Cetinje in the 1916 war Vihor. The Austro-Hungarian Empire had its own cable car with three routes. The cable car was done as a necessity and the only possibility of coating the Austro-Hunting troops that won the hinterland of the Bay of Kotor and Lovćen. It was not made for transport of passengers, it was done for the needs of military necessity for the logistics support of the military operation.
In the book, Austro-Hungarian Cetor-Cetinje 1916 "by Radojica Raša Pavićević describes that the special units of the Austro-Hungarian army bade cable cars because they have already built such in Austria, Switzerland.
Construction took place in the conditions of war, which took place near the construction site, route, January 1916, in very severe and complex winter weather conditions.
- It was an extremely important, significant and complex undertaking. I found the data of a lieutenant to describe the weather conditions in January, accessibility of the field, which were extremely difficult and demanding. In an hour, the cable car carried 7,500 kilograms of materials, but since it was not enough, the second round of the scissor was done, after which the final Cetinje was carried out by fascinating 110 tons of the material, Pavićević, pensionable Lieutenant, Conductor, Enthusiasts and a lover of mountaineering and military history, which has traveled and explored Austro-Hungarian fortifications for years.
The wire route was a very demanding, high altitude difference, it was to build drives with supporting pillars, transmission mechanisms, build cells and substations, are electrical warehouses because it worked in three shifts.
The year of IPO warfare and a poorly economically developed Montenegro and its population has fully exhausted, great hunger was ruled. The first days of occupation according to the assessments of the General GovernorDurstment, 200,000 portions of food should have been provided. In March 1916, the Ministry of War of 1916 approved 200,000 corn flour, 70,000 kilograms of baked bread for the nutrition of the military and the population of Montenegro. In addition to food, it was necessary to provide material support and logistics for further progress of the army to the east. Almost all of the funds have just been transported by this cable car.
In war, there were not much trash, two substations were burned, but a big problem was created by citizens who treated parts from cells and cable car substances.
After the war and termination of the occupation of Montenegro, Americans and Allies were ready to put an eligible cable car in office.
The Austro-Hungarian cable car was done why it was built, and she stopped working at the end of the 1918 war. For the needs of peacetime times, the system was no longer in use, the system was not renewed, the parts were not returned ... and it was very necessary.
Today after 107, we will finally have a cablecar Kotor - Lovćen, after decades of stories and planning we expect a ride above the Bay of Kotor.
Source/Photos : Caffe Montenegro
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.