British journalists are delighted with Boka Kotorska and Porto Montenegro
Hotel Regent Porto Montenegro, from March 26 to 29, organized the visit of several reputable media from Great Britain, which aimed to present to their readers the hotel facilities, but also the attractiveness of the Bay of Kotor, and Montenegro as a growing tourist destination.
- I can say that we are very glad that in the past few days we had the opportunity to host some of the very influential media and magazines from Great Britain, right before the start of the summer tourist season. Our statistics show, from year to year, a constant growth in the number of guests from this market, and we also have positive projections for this summer season - said the PR manager of the Regent Porto Montenegro hotel, Dobrica Milić.
A successful connection with this strategically important market was established thanks to numerous study visits by tour operators and journalists.
Among the guests were editors, journalists or representatives of the media, Daily Mail, Sunday Post, Daily Express, Daily Mirror, Intelligent Magazine, C&IT, Destination Weddings Magazine & Weddings and Honeymoons Magazine - whose circulation reaches several million.
The British writer, James Rampton, has not visited Montenegro until now, so he is even more surprised by the beauty of Boka Kotorska.
- It's incredibly beautiful! There is a beautiful combination of sea and mountains that take your breath away. I would recommend all British tourists to come here, they will be completely delighted with Montenegro, and especially Tivat - said Rampton.
The quality of accommodation offered by the Regent Hotel also contributes to a pleasant stay in the Tivat Bay. A prominent travel writer indicates that it is a wonderful hotel with an excellent location.
- You look out the window from any side and you are simply enchanted by the combination of sea and mountains.
And the deputy travel editor from the British daily newspapers Daily Express and Daily Mirror, Jane Memmler, had only words of praise about the hotel and Tivat as a tourist destination.
- Tivat is an undiscovered pearl! Who would have thought that something so beautiful was hidden between these mountains. The hotel service is fantastic. Regent is a dream place, if you come to Tivat you must visit it because it is the center of events. You have everything, even a submarine - comments Memmler.
What left a strong impression on the celebrated journalist was the food. And he especially singles out seafood.
- To begin with, the fish is unusual. I also ate your local oysters, nothing tastes so special! Cheeses are great for you. Luckily I don't live here because I would eat cheese all the time - explains the British woman jokingly.
The media visit was organized with the support of the Porto Montenegro company, and tourist organizations Tivat and Herceg Novi, and the guests had the opportunity through a rich program of carefully designed activities - such as a cruise along the Bay of Kotor, a tour of the old town of Kotor, and the fortresses of Vrmac and Goražda, with a tasting of local specialties and Mediterranean cuisine, experience all the variety of content that this destination can offer.
- Tivat and Boka Kotorska certainly have a good offer for these target groups, because we see that numerous international companies realize or plan to realize events in Boka Kotorska - says the director of the Tourist Organization (TO) Tivat, Danica Banjević.
He says that the Great Britain market is very important, and in 2022, guests from that country were in third place in terms of number, with over 800,600 arrivals from that territory.
- This year, we expect better results, bearing in mind that for the first time the Jet 2 air connections are being realized, from Manchester to Tivat. In addition to the easyJet connection from London and Manchester, this will be another air connection from the UK market to our city. That's exactly why the arrival of this media team is an excellent way to promote the destination and its offers for the season - said Banjević.
National Geographic: How to plan an epic road trip through Montenegro, the jewel of the Balkans - Blog
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.